Celebrating awesome women at REC Group and the whole solar industry
As REC stands for Renewables Empowering Consumers, we believe this is only possible if we empower every single employee to free up her/his full potential, no matter of age, professional background or gender. This is an ultimate part of REC’s corporate culture. And we are glad to see that REC Partners and Certified Installers are following the same path. If the solar industry is serious about driving global energy transitions, we need to empower our own people.
So, for our global campaign #SolarWonderWoman, we asked all REC employees to nominate Solar Wonder Women out of the 600 female employees we have at REC. We received a whopping 172 nominations in 5 categories:
Below few examples:
- Lily Pejkic, CEO Sydney Solar and Batteries: “Follow your dreams and passion and always put in the effort to learn and attain skills where possible.”
- Cathy Xiang, Operations Manager at Rezeca Renewables Pte Ltd: “Women should embrace and not be afraid of entering the male dominated industry.”
- Nellie Hobbs, Solar Consultant at InspireEnergy, Australia: “My driving force is proving to myself and others that I am capable of the things I would like to achieve.”
- Gloria Cipressi, Head of Procurement and Logistics, at BayWa r.e. in Italy: “Go out from your comfort zone and let the world belong to you!”
- Sophie Wright, Sales manager and Accredited Designer at Velocity Solar in Australia: “It is an amazing feeling to witness the change in people’s spending patterns and to directly contribute towards an increase in renewables adoption.”
We invite everyone to like, share and comment on LinkedIn and Facebook our inspiring Solar Wonder Women and give them the appreciation they deserve. We will continue to elevate women in REC and the solar industry. Join us in defining this journey together.