PV Expo Osaka: REC Group presents for the first time in Japan its newest flagship product, N-Peak
The launch of the world’s first n-type mono solar panel with half-cut cells and twin design marks a new era for the brand
The production of n-type mono cells kicked off at the end of June in REC’s brand-new industry 4.0 manufacturing building at the company’s Singapore plant. The first N-Peak modules just rolled off the line.
“The new REC N-Peak writes the next chapter in our company narrative. We are taking a big step by leapfrogging into advanced n-mono technology, reinforcing our reputation as an innovator of reliable and efficient solar panels. Following the introduction of the REC Peak Energy 2S Mono 50 cell panel last year, N-Peak is our next innovation, tailored also to the Japanese market,” comments Ushio Okuyama, Representative Director at REC Solar Japan.
The REC N-Peak Series builds on the success of REC’s multiple award-winning TwinPeak technology. Already recognized by an Intersolar award in 2015, REC is well-known for being a pioneer for half-cut cells and its twin panel design. Key highlights of the new N-Peak include:
- REC’s most powerful 60-cell module ever
- The world’s first solar module to combine n-type mono half-cut cells with a twin-panel design
- Mono n-type is the most efficient crystalline silicon technology
- Up to 330 watt peak
- Super-strong frame design: for loads of up to 7000 Pa
- Zero light-induced degradation
- 12-year product warranty and 0.5% annual degradation over 25-year power warranty, resulting in 86% of nameplate power after 25 years
- Improved performance in shaded conditions
- Flexible installation options
- Initial field tests carried out by the Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore (SERIS) have shown that the new N-Peak offers a distinct energy yield advantage over competitive p-mono products
REC is already recognized as a reliable and committed industry player in Japan, providing high-power products. Leading companies and brands like GRID, IKEA, Marubeni, Suzuyo Shoji, and WQ, are REC customers. As demonstrated in the company’s most recent Solar Market Insight report, the first half of 2018 was marked by REC’s operational excellence with Industry 4.0 manufacturing standards for the new N-Peak product but also continuously driving efficiencies up and costs down. This mix of developments ensures a top yield performance of REC panels in the long run, making the solar installation more profitable by pure economics. In addition to the new N-Peak and the 50-cell monocrystalline panel, REC is showcasing its award-winning TwinPeak technology – the world’s most powerful 60-cell multicrystalline panel.
About REC Group:
Founded in Norway in 1996, REC Group is a leading vertically integrated solar energy company. Through integrated manufacturing from silicon to wafers, cells, high-quality panels and extending to solar solutions, REC Group provides the world with a reliable source of clean energy. REC’s renowned product quality is supported by the lowest warranty claims rate in the industry. REC Group is a Bluestar Elkem company with headquarters in Norway and operational headquarters in Singapore. REC Group employs around 2,000 people worldwide, producing 1.5 GW of solar panels annually. Find out more at www.recgroup.com.
For further information please contact:
Head of Global PR, REC Group
Phone.: +49 89 54 04 67 225
E-mail: agnieszka.schulze [at] recgroup.com